What’s gone right…
1. Rugby came first – players, captains and coaches. They proved that if you train and set out to improve – you will. You don’t have to buy in stars. It’s called the Brian Robjohns spirit.
2. Despite our traditional difficulties getting external sponsors, the support given the club by our vice-presidents and our members. Generous sponsorship of 40 players, of our match filming, and of lunches and matches, raised around £7000.
3. Our standing in the rugby community. We try to be welcoming, polite and efficient; it seems to work.
What needs to be done…
1. The electrics
2. More youth rugby and more coaches, at all levels.
3. New voices in the club’s administration (they’re coming in).
1. You can’t spend money you haven’t got.